• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ever since dentist applied fluoride varnish/seal protect its worse

A

A196x

I’m slightly worried as I had fluoride varnish which I have had in the past and found it helpful in taking away the sensitivity from my teeth due to erosion. This time it was applied to all teeth whereas lasy time it was just the two problem teeth, I also had seal and protect this time which I think went on just two big teeth, so basically fluoride all over and s&p on some, After applying I could feel the teeth which was expected as I’m hypersensitive…and said to dentist who gave me a look but it’s now weeks in and I’d say my teeth feel even worse. More sensitive with all foods whereas before it wasn’t all foods. Then recently my mum said the dentist has done a good job of cleaning my teeth and I went they haven’t, they didn’t do a clean or scale or polish they just applied it. She went that is odd. I just wondered whats up, if fluoride varnish and seal and protect are meant to help sensitivity they have instead caused it more. I also brush with fluoride toothpaste.

the varnish and seal and protect is an alternative as dentist doesn’t want to give me a filling due to needs, yet was due filling previously slightly worried on what to do now! Don’t want this sensitivity

Go back and ask them to have another look.

Thanks Gordon, I seen my normal dentist today who said that shouldn’t be happening. Have to wait on my next app with the hospital ;(

Also my normal dentist has recommended I get a scale and polish (done by hand as no arousal allowed) but hospital dentist was against any scale and polish..? Ahhh

The gum spot they said is a gum absess and given mouthwash!:/

Back