• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Exposed pulp nightmare

V

Venusmoonlady

Hello all,
I recently had some work done at my county's dental clinic that left me I a very fearful state. I have had over 6 cavities filled and one root canal with crown in the last year. My last appointment was a restoration and filling on my upper left back molars. I have a very small mouth and my dentist gave me a shot that went into muscle so I could not keep mouth open on my own this led to problems. My dentist told me before I left that he was worried he would have to extract tooth and to come back in the next couple days. A couple days went by of excruciating pain and I find out that he left me with an exposed pulp/nerve and is now telling me I have to have my# 15 tooth and wisdom removed. When I came back he had my teeth reversed in his chart ( this does not inspire trust especially after being left in a lot of pain) . They could not do the surgery until 4/20 being a county low income clinic . I am terrified to go back to this dentist and am feeling like I need to go emergency dentist. I have limited income but am willing to spend what I have to feel at peace with my mouth . Can anyone give me some advice. Thank you

Were the teeth numbers reversed or just the chart?

If you feel that you would like to switch dentists, you can totally look into it. Call around to find another dentist that will work for you. You can also look possibly into an oral surgeon since it involves your wisdom teeth. Also they will probably do general anesthesia which is pretty good stuff.

Good luck!

Back