• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extracted Molar - Is the white stuff normal?! (Hmmmmmm)

X

xfilesjunkie

So I had my molar extracted (the back one), tough pull but came out in one.

It's been about 30 hours since I had it pulled. I think the blood clot is still there- I read about dry socket and am doing my best to avoid that.

However I've noticed this white stuff there, i'm not going to touch it but is this good/bad? part of healing? infection? should I be concerned :(

isthisnormal.jpg

My molar looked like that when it was pulled, my wife told me it looked like it was healing really well. Not that she's any dentist, but she's had more extractions than I have. If you had a dry socket you would certainly know it and I'm leaning toward it not being infected. I'm definitely not a dentist though.

My molar looked like that when it was pulled, my wife told me it looked like it was healing really well. Not that she's any dentist, but she's had more extractions than I have. If you had a dry socket you would certainly know it and I'm leaning toward it not being infected. I'm definitely not a dentist though.

that's good to hear. I did wonder if it's like an oral scab of sorts.

Back