• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extracted tooth. Does this look normal?

C

Christina84

I had a tooth extracted 2 weeks ago. My gum is inflamed and extremely tender. I am still relying on regular painkillers. Does it look infected? Very worried

Attachments

• IMG_3662.JPG
    IMG_3662.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 39
That's what mine looked like after 2 weeks but it wasn't sore. The white bit is healing tissue.

Mine was white, too, but not swollen or tender.

Have you tried rinsing a few times a day with warm salt water? That should help your gums but I would follow up with your dentist to have them take a look on how it's healing.

I had a tooth extracted 2 weeks ago. My gum is inflamed and extremely tender. I am still relying on regular painkillers. Does it look infected? Very worried

I had a tooth extracted in may. it felt so slimmy and gross but my dentist said for me to keep using the floridex mouthwash they gave me and to take the painkillers as needed and in a few weeks it was looking better Still soft and tender so I was gentle with my brushing.

However, if it still concerns you bring it up to your dentist. After all they are there not just to treat your smile bones (Teeth) but also to ease your worries. They might even be able to give you something better then the mouthwash I use.

I wish you the best and I hope you can keep us update. :jump::clover:

Back