• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extracting root canal tooth first lower molar + braces

AngelCatMei

AngelCatMei

Hi,

Just like to know if it is possible to continue my braces treatment (1 years plus into it) if I need to extract my lower first molar?

My dentist did say would do her best to close up the upper teeth extraction gap, when that's done, that's the end of braces (finally!!) and extract that tooth as she need that tooth now for anchor.

However she did say if it gets too painful, she will extract it even when I'm in braces for my comfort. To be honest I don't feel comfortable leaving an infected root canal tooth in my mouth therefore I actually booked an appointment in two days time to extract it.

My concern is will it affect my braces treatment.

I'm so stressed out as I really want this tooth out but I don't want it to affect my braces treatment. And, I'm like getting scold for taking days off from work for this extraction. Life sucks.

The only person who can realistically answer this question is your dentist, sorry.

Back