• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction 10 days ago but roots left in - in pain still

H

Hayleyh31

Hi, I had a tooth extracted 10 days ago (upper left side, 3rd tooth from the back), it turned out to be quite difficult as the tooth broke into several pieces and after an hour and a half he ended up leaving the roots in. The dentist said it shouldn't cause me any problems so wouldn't refer me have the roots out.

10 days on now and my gum has healed nicely but I can't eat on the side at all, if a piece of food touches the extraction site I get a shooting, electric shock type pain - Is this normal and will settle down or does it sound like the roots are causing the pain?!

Any advice appreciated - thanks! x

Hi you need to go back to the dentist and let them check that things are okay :butterfly:

Hi, I had a tooth extracted 10 days ago (upper left side, 3rd tooth from the back), it turned out to be quite difficult as the tooth broke into several pieces and after an hour and a half he ended up leaving the roots in. The dentist said it shouldn't cause me any problems so wouldn't refer me have the roots out.

10 days on now and my gum has healed nicely but I can't eat on the side at all, if a piece of food touches the extraction site I get a shooting, electric shock type pain - Is this normal and will settle down or does it sound like the roots are causing the pain?!

Any advice appreciated - thanks! x

Sooo whats the outcome? how ya doin?

Back