• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction and Bridge

T

Trojanz12

Hello,
Recently, I broke a tooth and went to the dentist. It turns out that the tooth will need to be extracted (yikes!) and the two teeth around it will be prepped for a bridge.

my question is should I be worried that the crowns I have on my other teeth will come off when they take the mold of my mouth.

I’m already stressed out enough about the extraction, and hope I don’t have to worry about anything else.

thank you in advance.

my question is should I be worried that the crowns I have on my other teeth will come off when they take the mold of my mouth.

Not at all

Hi Trojanz12,

crowns will stay in place, they are actually so well cemented that you would have to destroy them to take them off, so no worries for the molds.

All the best wishes

Thank you both for the response. Now to get through the appointment, and all will be ok.

There is plenty of material about how to deal with anxiety here on the page and you will find a lot of success stories too. Feel free to take a look around :)

Back