Extraction query

A

Angie xo

I got 2 roots out today that werethe from broken teeth.
This evening very sore..but coping with pain killers so far.

I have noticed what feels like a hard lump/spot in the back, it's feels flat and small, but I presume this wouldn't be of any concern, after all the roots have come away?

Also attached is the photo of what I hope is a good blood clot in the socket, is it?

Attachments

drhirst

drhirst

Super Moderator
Verified dentist
Hey there Angie xo,
Very difficult to tell from the photo but looks OK. It would be normal for it to be feeling sore at this stage.
As long as it does not deteriorate after about 48 hours you should be fine.
Lincoln

A

Angie xo

Thanks Drhirst, I'll keep you posted on this thread.
Hopefully some good sleep will help me feel better tomorrow.. I suppose the best way to look at it is the worst is over!

A

Angie xo

Woke up from sleep and tasted blood.

Looks like the clots were bleeding.
Is this still normal looking?

I didn't use gauze cause when I went to check it seemed to be more salvia blood then actual blood at that point.

Scared to sleep now in case I do more damage or something 😩
Should I have still used gauze..

Attachments

A

Angie xo

So this is my first teeth extraction since i was young , so I have no idea of what the healing and allI would be like..

Is this a normal looking extraction sites?
And also I still feel numb or that kind of sensation around my chin , would be this be common...I'm putting it down to the swelling and also the depth of the roots that were there.

Attachments

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
The First picture shows normal clotting, saliva tends to wash the top of the clot away and you get that sort of runny blood appearance.
Second photo, everything looks good. The slight numbness is probably associated with the pushing and shoving to get the roots out.

A

Angie xo

Thanks Gordon
I'm alternating with advil and solpadine today , as I'm very very sore. Also doing salt rinse after meals. But pains probably to be expected the roots were so stubborn, thank god the worst is over.

A

Angie xo

Is the tooth next to the attraction normal to hurt, my upper teeth sometimes clash with it and it gives me an ouch! I presume is it part of the course of extraction and healing?

A

Angie xo

I've woke up with it bleeding and the tooth next to the extraction site throbby...is this normal or should I be getting checked??

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
grey tissue is granulation tissue, covered on here about a million times. It's a good thing.

A

Angie xo

Up since 4am with pain again, should I insist on being checked as it's coming into wkend?

I'm in that much pain solphadine only helped for less then an hour , what could this mean ??
Please help..