• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Faced my fears, a quick note.

U

UKVilla

Hi all,

Just a quick note.

I’ve actually faced my fears and been to the dentist this morning!

I had to go and get some reassurance to put my worrying to rest as it was fear of going that was making me worry I think. It was a full new patient examination, so pretty thorough. There was no major problems, a couple she wants to keep an eye on, that she took a couple of x-rays of which came out fine. I am having a nightguard made there next month. So all in all, very reassuring. I’m now going to make it a regular thing and handle my dental concerns properly, instead of a mirror and google!

In my head, I had all sorts of huge problems regarding my teeth, and the worrying was obviously creating a lot of my pain, so if you are not wanting to go because of all the bad news you are expecting, and google has filled your head with disaster scenarios, it might not actually be as bad as you think.

Thanks to the dentist and other members for all your time giving advice, I know it’s a pain, but you probably don’t realise how much rational advice helps anxious people like me, and how much we appreciate it!

Phil

Back