• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fear Of Needles

W

Wellsey

I am finally facing up to my fear of the dentist, and have been for the first time in about 15 years. I am feeling good about moving forward and having treatment. I think it's a really positive step.
However, I am still terrified of needles. I have to have 2 fillings and maybe a root canal. The thing that concerns me most is the injection prior to treatment. I break into a cold sweat just thinking about it. I think that this fear is going to stop me getting the treatment I need.

I have the same terror of needles. I ask the dentist to give me some nitrous (laughing gas) and use numbing gel first. I didn't feel a thing. :)

I have this fear too..
But ask them to put the numbing gel on first and you don't feel the needle at all :)

i'm HORRIFIED of needles. GUESS what. had my very 1st THREE feelings done today. couldn't even feel it. thought I"d blast the iPod the whole time, nope, the sound didn't bother me much eather. the pain from keeping my jaw wide open to access the back molars was the worst of it. if you feel ANYTHING let them know!!!! I hope you do well. it's more in your head than the actually feeling/pain.

Back