• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fear of receding gums consuming 100% of my thoughts (pictures)

G

gadsie

It has obviously receded at some parts. My secret hope is that this was caused years ago during a time where my dental hygiene was not very good but it has stopped completely because I now take excellent care of my teeth. It used to bleed sometimes when flossing, it doesn't now. My worst fear is that it is caused by night teeth grinding (I don't know if I do this), because it will be completely out of my control. My dentist never really mentions my gums, I will ask next time. Is it possible to tell if it's still actively receding at this point?

Attachments

• aLfJXdb.jpg
    aLfJXdb.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 41
  • ScOCp3a.jpg
    ScOCp3a.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 40
Sorry but I can't see anything wrong with your gums, what do you think the problem is?

Sorry but I can't see anything wrong with your gums, what do you think the problem is?
Thank you for your reply. I think my gums are pretty healthy right now (not inflamed) but you can see that some teeth have less coverage than others. That is especially visible on the upper canines (big difference)

My dentist told me it was normal to have some recession on the canines, here is a also post where Gordon explains details about that if it helps.

My dentist told me it was normal to have some recession on the canines, here is a also post where Gordon explains details about that if it helps.
thanks for that link

Back