• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feel like i'm wasting my dentists time

A

anxiousbum

Even though my dentist (who is lovely) always tells me to come back if there are any problems, I never feel like I can/should.

Should probably ring them today to get something sorted that's been bugging me a while but am seriously dreading this phone call. I hate phoning people at the best of times.

Any tips for just biting the bullet?

Why would you be wasting their time? It's their job to fix people's teeth. :p If you had bad plumbing, would you feel bad for calling a plumber to fix it?

Not to mention that getting issues treated sooner leads to less work down the line.

I hate phonecalls too, so I definitely understand that. Just remember, it'll be a super quick call, and then it's over and you can relax.

Yeah, I definitely see your logic! I think I'm just a bit worried about being a bit of a hypochondriac.

I couldn't handle the phone call today but dropped them an message email that I couldn't do phones and they're going to throw me some appointments over. Scared is an understatement as it's looking like an extraction scenario but hopefully, this will finallyyy get sorted.

Haha, I have health anxiety, and I know what it's like to be worried over what you think might be "nothing", and worry that your healthcare provider will sigh at you for being silly.

But if you're experiencing physical symptoms of any kind it's always best to get them checked out and any dentist or doctor would say the same, so don't worry about that!

It's great that you could contact them without phoning. I hate phones too. And if you need an extraction, then try not to panic. They are about three times quicker than a filling, and contrary to what you might have heard, the healing is easy the vast majority of the time. :)

Thanks for your replies Sevana,
It's nice to know someone else gets it! Have an appointment with the dentist that did the original filling which seems to have failed, hopefully, it's a quick fix but if not then bring it!

This malarky just feels a bit never ending. My original care plan was just two fillings but I swear the list is just becoming infinite. At least their being thorough I guess, better now than too late.

I have to have appointments sometimes in between I had an infection, needed a filling done, and broke a filling on a piece of fish batter

Back