• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feeling Good (Wisdom Teeth Extraction)

D

Deb89

:jump: Ok, so while I'm still sore I went through getting my wisdom teeth extracted. If anything I was more nervous about that than going back to the dentist to get a root canal! I don't expect to feel dandy just yet as it was only a day ago but I just keep telling myself that after I'm all healed up I will no longer have to be in pain from the impacted wisdom teeth!

Everyone in my house is helping me out and my mom is like the pain reliever! (She's the one giving me the pain pills).

I'd just like to let anyone going for a wisdom tooth extraction it's not as scary as its made out to be! Of course any type of surgery can scare people but just think about after when you're no longer in pain from them bothering you. The IV sedation wasn't bad at all! The dentist took almost two minutes to find a vein so I just have a teeny tiny bruise and it didn't hurt at all going in. Just a tiny little pinch like he said. Then I just closed my eyes and remember waking up in the recovery room.

Big congratulations to you! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to notice you've done the rational thing and had the surgery you needed, in stead of suffering pain because of fear. This is a big step towarde being free from your fear!

By the way, as your twin sister is on this forum as well, are you identical twins? This could be interesting when thinking of the genetic component in dental fears...

I think after yesterday I've kicked this fear in the butt! I'm actually looking forward to my cleaning and getting my mouth guard ;D

Also I don't believe fears can be from genetics so :( It's more of an environment related issue as well as having bad experiences that formed the fear.

*Hugs Debbie* I'm just glad you feel better today. :) Your face doesn't look as swollen.

Well done Deb89, I'm shure the rest of your treatment will be a breeze.

Thank you guys! I'm feeling a LOT better today so things are really starting to look up! ::knocks on wood:: ;)

Back