• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feeling healthier after teeth removed?! Share!

L

lallyy13

Hiii!
A bad childhood and then years of being too embarrassed to show my teeth to the dentist world I ended up with 4 roots needing removal! Looking back I think I was unwell a few times because of these but always just though FLU! The past few weeks leading up to the removal I have felt the worst I have ever felt!
Hoping now my teeth are sorted I will start feeling better :)

does tes anyone else have any success stories from long term bad teeth and feeling better once sorted?!

Looking for positive stories to cheer me up ?

Hi lallyy13!

Have you had your roots removed yet?

I can't say I've personally felt unwell because of my teeth, but I did have one root removed which was making my mouth taste and feel really gross! I had it removed last week and it made my mouth feel instantly better (and for the first time in years I don't feel self conscious about my breath and feeling like I can't go anywhere without some gum!)

It makes sense that your teeth can affect how you're feeling though - a mouthful of rotten teeth can have a major impact on your overall health if the bacteria enters the bloodstream. I'm sure once you get everything sorted and maybe take a course of antibiotics you'll feel a million bucks! And don't panic too much - you're certainly not the only person to be in this position, and so many others have come out the other side feeling so much better :)

Hi @Hollygolightly .. I've had them removed yeah, now I'm waiting to decide what to do with the gaps. My front teeth have fillings in from years ago and really get me down. I'm feeling a bit low in general today :/ angry at myself for letting my teeth get to this point. I don't really know how to get past this feeling?

Can you get the fillings in your front teeth changed over? If they're done properly you won't even be able to tell they're filled.
How many teeth are missing? There is always something out there, even if you just get a temporary denture for now. I have a missing bottom left molar - I've spoken with my AWESOME dentist about it and I've decided to just save up for an implant because the teeth either side of it are sound and my dentist doesn't particularly want to grind down and cap those teeth.
Remember though the most important thing is your overall health - you've gotten those roots out that needed removing and your body will thank you for it.

I definitely feel better! I had teeth that were falling apart and each time a little bit came off, I'd end up having an anxiety attack. lol Mentally I feel much better and physically too. I didn't even realize how much pain I was in and how generally bad I felt until I got the really problematic teeth taken care of.

Definitely! At my recent root extraction there turned out to be a very large abscess on the end of one of them - totally shocking and a bit disgusting. I had had NO pain whatsoever but was concerned obviously for my oral health with a rotten root in there. I keep thinking of all the toxins and bacteria that that may have been harbouring and I feel so much 'cleaner' and healthier with it out!

When we we all get to the end of our treatments we will feel a million bucks :)

I'm starting to wonder if a lot of the problems i've been having w/ my allergies(dust and pollen) could of been dental related.

Up until last year when i went through my journey, i would have problems EVERY year w/ my sinus's being clogged up and draining down the back of my throat. Complete w/ Sneezing, coughing, gagging, very rare upchucking. Allergy medicine kind of helped.

After i got my work done, and it only now hit me, and it become fall and then winter, i only had one or 2 minor flair ups even though the windy fall and the wacky winter should of been a 100% guarantee of MAJOR sinus clog ups. I'm talking about so minor that i didn't even need the allergy medicine! Now we are in Spring which is usually a MAJOR flair up time. Even though we have those weird weeds that have the little powderpuffs that pop off and go everywhere and a ton of wild flower things growing in the yard, ive yet to have a flair up!

i think i may of just FINALLY found one positive thing about the journey i've had to go through.

Trust me to come late to the party....
But thank-you to all who posted on this. I'm having multiple broken back molars pulled on 8/3/19 and would be a nervous wreck if it weren't for my being on Prozac. I know I'll feel better once it's all done - most of my 'allergy' problems and cellulitis swelling in the past two years were due to bad teeth making me sick....