• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fever Post Extraction

N

nervousgirl08

I had 4 wisdom teeth and 1 molar extracted yesterday. Yesterday I had next to zero pain, and felt pretty "normal" There were times during the day where I almost forgot I had the surgery done!
Today I feel worse. Tired,minor pain (maybe 2/10), and fever of 100-100.5.
I am supposed to take ibuprofen every 6 hours, but ended up sleeping for about 12 hours and not getting up to take anything.(Missed 2 doses,total of 8 pills)
Could this be causing the fever? I just took ibuprofen and 1 tylenol with breakfast.
Does this sound like the start of an infection or normal?
My paperwork says slight elevation of temperature is normal and to call if it persists. What is slight elevation and how long should I be concerned if it persists?
I feel stupid calling less than 12 hours later and saying I don't feel good if its part of the normal process.

Doesn't hurt to phone up+check,the first op I had (for extractions) I woke up sweating hot the second op I had recently I woke up+was shivering,both times was a GA guess everyone is different.

Back