• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fever, swollen temple, severe migraines/pain After wisdom tooth extraction.

L

Lfbook

Former Member
Hello my boyfriend got his wisdom teeth removed last thursday, and instead of getting better hes getting worse. He was taking amoxicillin and hydrocodone but the oain kept reaching levels o 9-10, he developed a slight fever and his left temple became swollen to where there is a hard bump. He cant sleep eat or relax. We went to the ER and they gave him 800mg ibuprofen and clyndamiacin and he still gets pain that radiates from that bump in his temple all over his face. Western dental told us this is normal and to wait it out but i know something is not ok.

Re: Fever, swollen temple, severe migraines/pain After wisdom tooth extraction.

That doesn't sound normal. Among the 14 teeth I had to have removed between 2 weeks, what was left of the wisdom teeth went. I never faced anything like that. Problems with severe pain, temple swelling, etc? No.

Judging by what I've read here, that is something that's not normal at all with others.

I agree. This doesn't sound super normal at all. I hope one of the dentists jumps on this thread. I have no experience with wisdom teeth (I still have mine) but I have had a molar taken out. I did not get a fever.

I am not a dentist, but to be honest, I think you might be getting screwed by Western Dental. He should NOT still be in excrutiating pain this many days later (at least not a level of pain that Hydrocodone isn't touching).

I'd see about taking your boyfriend to a different dentist.

Back