• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

filling front tooth

R

Ruffles

Hi, yesterday a small chip came off the bottom of my front top tooth, l went to the dentist and l got a filling to repair it and all went well. The only problem is when l run my tongue along the back of my front tooth where the filling is it feels a bit rough rather then the smooth feeling when you usually run your tongue across a tooth. Its only slightly annoying. l was wondering is this normal and only temporary and the filling will smooth out over time or l will get used to it or should l go back to the dentist and ask them to do something to make it smoother. thanks

When I had a filling on my front tooth, it was a few weeks before it felt normal. It was rough for a while.

Thanks so maybe it jsut takes time to get used to and l should just wait a couple of weeks and if it still feels rough then see the dentist to polish it smoother

Mine was the same, I went back and had them file it off some, good as new now :)

Sounds like it needs to get polished a bit more, this can happen. Just give them a call, they should be able to fix it quickly.

Back