• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Filling needed after x-rays

C

Caramelteach

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all well. :)

I have a severe anxiety disorder and so things like the dentist send me into a real spin. :( Anyway, I noticed a couple of days ago, that one of my top right molars 'didn't feel quite right'. Straight away I started to freak out, as I don't seem to have much luck with my teeth and going to the dentist is majorly difficult for me because of major panic attacks, anxiety and agoraphobia.

I tried to get an appointment today with my usual NHS dentist, but couldn't get to see them 'til tomorrow, so managed to get a short 10 min. slot with a really lovely private dentist I've used occasionally in the past. She x-rayed it and said that it needs a filling on the side, between that tooth and the next one. She was happy to just let me go to my normal dentist to get it done.

I'm now freaking out because my appointment tomorrow with my normal NHS dentist is just a 10 min. 'having a look' one and I don't know how soon they'll be able to fit me in for the filling. What if the pain gets really bad? What if my tooth breaks? What if the decay gets even worse in the meantime and I end up needing a root canal?

I know I'm being totally ridiculous, but I just can't help it. Wish I could have had it all sorted today so I didn't have time to fret! :cry:

Do you have the x-rays from the private dentist to take with you? You could play 'dumb' and present the x-rays as if you understood you'd have the filling done right away.

Hi Diane,

Unfortunately not-I never even thought of that! Oh well, at least I'm going in there knowing what's wrong for sure already I suppose!:(

Back