• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Filling pain 2 months later

J

jd824

Hello all,
Finally overcame my fear of going to the dentist a few months ago. I had 3 cavities, inter-proximal molar 2 right and molar 2,3 on the left. Had some composite fillings placed. Were sensitive for a few days then went away.

Now 2 months later interproximal left molar 2 filling is sensitive to direct pressure on the filling. Get a sharp maybe a nerve like pain when its pressed on but goes away as soon as the pressure is off it. This will occur with eating some chewier or harder foods. Zero problems with cold, heat, tapping the tooth with a metal probe, wiggling the tooth, or putting pressure on other areas.

Any idea what it could be? I'm really worried its a leaky filling or something worse :o I had the filling ground down a few days after it was initially placed and dentist said it was fine thereafter when he checked with the bite paper stuff. Maybe a little high still?

I would definitely get the bite checked, since it occurs when eating.

Zero problems with cold, heat, tapping the tooth with a metal probe, wiggling the tooth, or putting pressure on other areas.

Did your dentist did all these tests?

I had a cracked tooth few weeks ago and the symptoms you describe sound precisely like the ones I had. Anyway, your dentist will be the only person who has an answer for this..

Is it a composite!? Sometimes they don’t bind properly and this can give these symptoms? I’d prob pop back to dentist and see what they say! It might settle down

Back