• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Filling yesterday sharp pains today

G

Grimmer1984

I had a hole in 1 of my upper back teeth. It didn't cause me any bother so I left ithe for years.. started getting pains last week so booked an appointment and went in yesterday expecting him to remove it. He xrayed it and said the tooth was in better condition than he expected so he filed it down and put in a filling.. I could feel more of the inside of the tooth exposed when he filed it down. And now with these pains I'm dreading this filling coming out because it's gonna really hurt.. I've just been eating on that side of my mouth and got a shooting pain. Sniffed up got a shooting pain. It's now Friday evening so dentist is closed.. What's the best advice? Book in and get it out.? It's normal to have the pain just get on with it?

Thanks guys. Graham

It doesn't sound normal, sometimes it can take time for a tooth to settle after a filling especially if it is a deep one. It may be that the filling is too near to the nerve and you may need a rct.

Or it could be that the filling is too high and just needs a bit of adjustment, this is very easy for the dentist to do for you.

Go back when they are open and if it isn't the filling being too high then get them to x ray it and see if you may need a rct.

Back