• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fillings and black cracks

V

venomx

Went to my dentist last month to ask about a tiny black crack on my back tooth, he did an x-ray on that specific tooth and said I needed a filling which I had there and then.
Looking at my tooth after the filling and there are still two tiny black cracks, is it likely i'll have to have more, not sure why he didn't remove the crack ? I shown him the black crack and he said it was likely a build up of food.

Will the filling prevent the black cracks from rotting the tooth ?

Thanks
This is what they look like.,..
40a863552a894c9fb221fa747bf09488_A.jpeg

Last edited:
That's just some staining in the tooth fissures (natural grooves in the biting surfaces) no reason to remove them.

Ok thanks.
Could the crack on the side of the tooth be from my braces when I was younger ? He definitely saw the one on the side as he picked at it a bit.

Nope, if you mean a molar tooth, that will be a natural fissure? You pick at them with the explorer to see if they feel "sticky", somebody asked that earlier I think.

Back