• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

fillings feeling "low" rather than too high?

M

minihaha

hiya,
i had a lower back molar filled 2 wks ago - it was a replacement filling. the original filling had been done 7 years ago and has now been replaced with a white filling as there was decay present and i had chipped the original filling - most prob due to grinding. Once he had treated me and replaced it he said afterwards that it was quite a large and deep filling and it might take a couple of days to settle down. It felt fine pretty much immediately but
2 wks post treatment i am aware of a pressure on the tooth, not painful just uncomfortable and yes perhaps my bite needs adjusting. The filling looks ok, really good in fact but its very sunken in what is left of the tooth. The front part of the tooth is pretty high but pretty much all of the back of the tooth has gone, having been filled.

The only way i can describe it is my bite feels very lopsided..........high on the right side and lower on the left (where the filling is)

Can this be adjusted?

A few years ago, I had something similar and went back and got the composite topped up - took about 1 minute. I asked Gordon's advice beforehand too lol.

A few years ago, I had something similar and went back and got the composite topped up - took about 1 minute. I asked Gordon's advice beforehand too lol.

thanks brit, its settled down a bit but still not 100% happy with how it feels, its been nearly 3 wks now - i am back at the dentist in a fortnight and he always reviews the last work he did so i will tell him how its feeling and he can take it from there - thanks for your reply x:)

Back