• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Fillings - without anaesthesia!

J

JaySee19

Who would have thought it? I just had 3 fillings done without local, or indeed any kind of anaesthesia. The dentist assured me it would be OK and I could stop him any time. He did add “if it becomes unbearable” which didn‘t really reassure me. But he was right. The first 2 fillings were mini things, but I knew the last one was bigger, because a chunk of tooth had broken off. It was also OK. This is a whole new world. Since horrible experiences in childhood I have always wanted to be numbed up, in fact I would have panicked in that situation in the past.
And it is nice to come out of an appointment without being all numb (or drooling).

J

JaySee19

Might also mean I’ve got leprosy and can’t feel things any more (joke!).

M

MountainMama

That is great that you had a good experience! My daughter had a filling done where they did not use any anesthesia. The dentist said it was so tiny that she wouldn’t feel anything.