• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fillings - without anaesthesia!

J

JaySee19

Who would have thought it? I just had 3 fillings done without local, or indeed any kind of anaesthesia. The dentist assured me it would be OK and I could stop him any time. He did add “if it becomes unbearable” which didn‘t really reassure me. But he was right. The first 2 fillings were mini things, but I knew the last one was bigger, because a chunk of tooth had broken off. It was also OK. This is a whole new world. Since horrible experiences in childhood I have always wanted to be numbed up, in fact I would have panicked in that situation in the past.
And it is nice to come out of an appointment without being all numb (or drooling).

Might also mean I’ve got leprosy and can’t feel things any more (joke!).

That is great that you had a good experience! My daughter had a filling done where they did not use any anesthesia. The dentist said it was so tiny that she wouldn’t feel anything.

Back