• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fillings

W

Wmichelle27

Hello everyone I have had fillings in my mouth two composite ones and two amalgam ones. About 3 mouths ago and I am getting a nasty burning feeling in my
Mouth ever since where I have the two composite fillings my tongue as been burning. When I eat and drink water it gets worse. At the back of the filling ithe bleeds all the time and where I have had the filling in my front teeth there's a gap in between my teeth and every morning my tongue goes yellow/ white. I am already scared of going to the dentist. Can anyone help me with any feedback please

@Wmichelle27 I cant give any advice but I'd give your dentist a call if that's easier then seeing them in person

Can't help without a bit more information...

How long ago did you have the fillings done?

Which teeth were filled?

Have you started taking any new medication since you developed these symptoms?

What age are you and are you (biological) Male or Female? (It's actually relevant, I'm not being nosey for the sake of it).

Hi have had then put in right hand side next to my front teeth two composite. I have had them in 3 months and have had trouble since I am a female I am on acid tablets opemprozale sorry if wrong spelling. Everything I eat drink and brush my teeth it burns my mouth

@Wmichelle27 could you maybe see a different dentist for a fresh pair of eyes... The situation sounds pretty extreme from your other thread (you mentioned having lost 6 stone). Have you seen your GP about this, in case there's a medical angle to this?

@letsconnect I have seen doctor he doesn't know what's going on. Just seen maxillofacial they said I have leaking in to of my composite fillings but I don't know if this can cause this symptoms.

No it can't. I'd expect them to be sensitive to cold/sweet but not the other things.

You're taking the Omeprazole for reflux? The reflux could be causing some of your other oral symptoms. There's a condition called Burning Mouth Syndrome or sometimes Burning Tongue Syndrome which does fit with some of your other issues. Sounds like there's a lot going on that will take some unpicking...

@Gordon thank you for the reply

Back