• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Final appointment....YAY!!!

B

bonnie2go2000

Well,my journey's finally drawing to a close.Tomorrow I have my permanent veneers fitted and then it's "bye bye,Mr Dentist"for 6 months!My temps have been a dream to look at for the last two weeks(except when I forgot and bit a chip and the right one fell off :redface:!).I wasn't too impressed with what was underneath,I can tell you!Anyway,I managed to get it back on without resorting to emergency cement and it stayed put.Been awfully good for the diet not being able to bite on anything!
So think of me at 9.30am,I wouldn't be where I am without you kind people :cloud9:

Good Luck tomorrow. You must be sooo happy it's nearly all over  :jump:

I am so envious of you. Although I never went to the dentist because of my phobia, I always dreamed of having veneers. Hope all goes well for you and look forward to reading your account after its all done.

Thanks all!Will fill you in when I get back("'scuse the pun)!Hope your sister's appt went ok,SS.

:drool:hope it all goes well!

Thanks bonnie2go2000 but my sister only came - as she always does - for support though I didnt really need her this time. Her appointment is on 29th which will be for initial consultation immediately after my next one, so once again we will be travelling up to London together, and incorporating retail therapy and a lot of Starbucks coffee drinking. She luckily is not scared of dentists and goes regularly but her dentist is retiring and as she likes Jenny so much, Jenny is now her dentist also.

Now the proud owner of permanent veneers on my front teeth.I can't stop smiling at people(and myself when I pass a mirror!!).It's been well worth the waiting,the dreaded anticipation and finally realising there's nothing to be scared of anymore!Mind you,valium DOES help take off the edge.. ;D.If there's anyone from Stoke out there reading this,I'm going to attempt to put a recommended dentist on here,he's fantastic!Many thanks to everyone who listened to me whinge and whine over the last month.I'm dentist free now for three months :jump:

I said earlier I'm envious. Not any more, I'm just downright green with pure jealousy. I bet you look fabulous. I know what you mean about mirrors. I find I've become so vain, even when I'm driving, I've got the sun visor down with the flap open over the mirror and while I'm driving I take a sneaky peak at myself. It's been about 2 months since I had my beautiful teeth done but I still can't get over them. Just hope no speed cameras have caught me! If any police reading this, I only look at myself with one eye, I keep the other eye on the road at all times! Honest.

Back