• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally after 10 years, DONT WAIT THIS LONG

J

Julez852015

Hello fellow members
I would like to share my experience hoping maybe it helps someone the way many of your forums here have helped me!
As a child I never went to the dentist like NEVER , my mother had horrible teeth and low self esteem, so with that being said my first actual dentist appointment was at 17 years old ( I'm now 30) I had two wisdom teeth removed , my dentist was a old Russian guy real hard ass ! He belittle me so badly about not getting regular cleanings and checkups ? He was also extremely ruff which led to serious anxiety problems when the word dentist was brought up , as a few years rolled by I began to feel cavitys on the right side of my mouth , being nervous and remembering how badly I was treated years ago I neglected my teeth , just kept taking aspirin when needed , another two years goes by and teeth now are begaining to crumble and fall apart ( this is about 3 molars right side) again I roll through the pain and take some aspirin get to my doctors get some antibiotics, off and on this was my life for the next 2 years (aspirin,doctor giving me antibiotics,living through pain ) finally I got a infection so bad it spread to my ear and sinus area take about painful!!! I thought I was going to die seriously and could have if I'd let the infection get worse , I called1 800 dentist and they sent me to a location 10 mins from my house (mind you I don't have any dental insurance so I'm paying everything with cash ,luckily my birthday had just passed so I had some to spare ) I was seen the next day , the dentist could immediately tell my anxiety was high , she talked me down and told me the hardest part was over I was actually at the office , once I realized she was correct I began to calm down , she asked me to open wide at this point tears are steaming down my face from embarrassment ashamed I let my teeth get this bad , she poked around a little then took a full mouth X-ray stepped out the room to go over everything ( I was still a nervous wreck thinking the worst ) mins go by and she steps back in and gives me the verdict , 4 extractions (which I knew the broken molars) a few fillings and a deep cleaning all can be done in 3 appointments, I could have kissed this dentist!!!!!!!!!! I thought OMG she's gonna say all my teeth have to come out omg I'm gonna need dentures etc etc . I start extractions Nov 1 followed by fillings then deep cleaning so I'm on my way to better oral health!!!!

I'm writing this for anyone who's anxiety is getting the best of them MAKE THAT FIRST STEP and call for a appointment , just ask for a consultation no work , find a dentist who deals with anxiety and has a awesome bedside manner! Do your research and review a dentist until you've found someone that seems like a right fit for YOU ! I lucked out with 1800 dentist providing me with a angle

The consultation is easy and painless getting the work done is up to you but everyone deserves to know what kinda health there mouth is in

I would like to thank everyone who's written a forum and shared personal experiences besides the tooth pain I was in the fact I know millions of other people Felt the same way made it easier to get it over with YOU CAN DO IT !!! Love Live Laugh

J.B

Well done going to the dentist

Back