• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally an amazing dentist!!

Sironastar

Sironastar

Well I have lingered on here for a while but back in April I found the most amazing dentist ever!! weirdly he also feared the dentist and had the exact experience as I did, he is my counsellor as well as dentist if that makes sense, my first visit was a joy never felt so happy he was so lovely and told me not to be ashamed of my teeth as its not my fault its the previous dentists who made me so scared that made me feel so much better, he had a look round my mouth and I had an xray all the time he was amazing with me, then came my second visit in May where I had moulds done and this was a breeze also he spoke to me and kept me calm the whole time I actually relaxed in the chair which amazed me! so now comes the 3rd appointment which is next Friday 14th, which I will have 12 teeth out (some are just roots), filling and gentle clean however I will be under sedation, he has gone through everything and told me he promises it will be fine and he wont hurt me, im not going to say im not scared because I am however im nowhere near as fearful of the dentist as I was so it is 100% in finding the caring understanding dentist, and im so happy I have found Stuart for the first time ever I think to myself I can do this, the support on here is amazing, I just wanted to update my story to hopefully help others.

Good Luck nice to see you again.

Dave.:)

Thanks so much Dave nerves are kicking in now but I need to be brave and nail Friday :thumbsup:

Brilliant you will be Ok.

Dave.:)

Thank goodness you have such a wonderful dentist. :) You are brave, and you deserve a dentist who cares about you as a person. Keep us updated. Kind and caring dentists mean the world to people. They are truly special people.

Thank you so much, its true this dentist is amazing ive never felt brave before or thought in my head I can actually do this then I met Stuart and he has been a god send I will do this and be proud of my smile again, I will let you know how I get on im sure all will be fine and im worrying about nothing :giggle:

Good luck for Friday, sounds like you and your dentist make a good team! Can I borrow him?!

Thank you so much, of course you can he is amazing and weirdly he also had a fear of the dentist when he was younger, if you live anywhere in North Wales, Cheshire Area I will happily give you his details he's a counsellor as well as dentist absolutely amazing without him I wouldn't be going through with it I don't think, I really wish you all the best on your journey too we are all here for each other:jump:

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you! What time is your appointment?

:clover: :clover: :clover:

Back