• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally did it, but question!

K

kpa

After dealing with infection after infection, and PAIN, and cancelling at least 15 times over the past 5 years :o I finally got two wisdom teeth + an extra baby tooth near the top right one extracted today! Top right and bottom left, because they were both broken, badly.

I did it under local anesthesia and 2mg of Klonopin (I have panic disorder with agoraphobia) and it wasn't bad at all. There was A LOT of pressure and some pain, but it was over in 10 minutes, stitching and all! I won't lie, i did cry a bit during the process :cry:

The local anesthesia (only 1 shot on each side!) didn't last long at all, maybe a half hour (I had to take the kind with the epinephrine due to heart issues) so I know that kind doesn't last long, but the pain, 6 hours later is about a 5 at a 10, hoping this is the worst it'll get :)

I have to make my appointment for the other 2 to come out, but I'm waiting until I'm all healed up from this.

How long does healing usually take? I'm already starving for real food :giggle:

Your post helped me so much because I too am having a local for an upper wisdom tooth and have severe anxiety about this. :( Thanks for sharing!!!

After dealing with infection after infection, and PAIN, and cancelling at least 15 times over the past 5 years :o I finally got two wisdom teeth + an extra baby tooth near the top right one extracted today! Top right and bottom left, because they were both broken, badly.

I did it under local anesthesia and 2mg of Klonopin (I have panic disorder with agoraphobia) and it wasn't bad at all. There was A LOT of pressure and some pain, but it was over in 10 minutes, stitching and all! I won't lie, i did cry a bit during the process :cry:

The local anesthesia (only 1 shot on each side!) didn't last long at all, maybe a half hour (I had to take the kind with the epinephrine due to heart issues) so I know that kind doesn't last long, but the pain, 6 hours later is about a 5 at a 10, hoping this is the worst it'll get :)

I have to make my appointment for the other 2 to come out, but I'm waiting until I'm all healed up from this.

How long does healing usually take? I'm already starving for real food :giggle:

Your post helped me so much because I too am having a local for an upper wisdom tooth and have severe anxiety about this. :( Thanks for sharing!!!

The upper tooth was nothing, I have no pain it in whatsoever 7 hours later now! You will be all good!!

Except for what someone posted in support has me freaked out again!!!:(:cry:

The upper tooth was nothing, I have no pain it in whatsoever 7 hours later now! You will be all good!!

well if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! I had a severely decayed broken above the gumline upper wisdom tooth with a supernumary tooth and it was fine, I bet you'll do great. If you have anxiety, ask your doctor for a sedative!

Thanks for your response. I am taking something before. I just had a horrible experience as a kid with a dentist and I also was sexually abused and we all know those stories and how they can impact us at dentist. I am bringing a blanket to cover my face, my husband to hold my hand and music to sooth my anxiety. It can't get here any sooner!!:(:naughty:

Back