• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally did it! So glad.

A

Anxietygirl1030

Hey all!

I’ve been lurking for the past few weeks in anticipation for my appointment. I haven’t been to the dentist in about six years & I was terrified to the point I was crying when I made the appointment. Finally, my appointment was yesterday and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It probably helped that the dentist I had was so patient lol, she walked through every step and it honestly made me feel so much better. On to the work. I thought it was going to be so much & that all my teeth would need to be pulled. Nope, I have a cavity on my wisdom tooth so they are pulling the last two that I have & then I have three fillings and a crown. I also need a deep cleaning but the dentist offered to do that while I’m under for the wisdom teeth extraction. I’m so happy I went even though the anxiety was killing me. Now that we have a game plan I’m not nearly as worried or anxious as I was! Thank you all! ☺️

good stuff, well done for going

Congrats! I'm really happy for you!

Very good job! Everytime I skip going to the dentist my anxiety skyrockets. Most recently covid caused me to miss an appointment then delay rescheduling. But I went and it wasn’t that bad. And my dentist is gently talking me into having an implant done on a tooth I lost years ago. He’s so gentle about it. I think I might do it. Not by him though at an office across the street

Hey all! I’m wide awake so I thought I would post a follow up lol. My appointment was yesterday and instead of breaking the work up into 2-3 appointments my dentist decided to do everything in one go. Needless to say the days leading up to my appointment I wanted to call and cancel every day lol. But I went through with it. Only took about 3.5 hours ? and now I feel like a construction crew went to town on my mouth. Hopefully in the next few days I’ll start to feel better. Thanks all for listening ☺️

Well done!!!! I'm so happy for you and thanks for sharing your update!

Back