• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally going to do it!

J

jessbear

I've been struggling with getting my top 2nd molars pulled a couple years now. I'm going to make the appt for next week. I'm tired of the pain and anxiety it gives me. I'm just wondering will I even notice that they're gone? Will my speech stay the same? and if I can't afford Implants in time will my face become sunken in? I'm a stay at home mom atm and I want nothing more then to have my teeth fixed :(

Hey
Difficult to answer without knowing your dental situation.
If the mouth has enough molars, then the missing molar is not noticed with chewing and speech.
Our mouth is covered with a lot of nurves so every small change in the form of our teeth (like a new feeling) is noticed, and it takes about two weeks to adjust to the new situation.
In your case, I am pretty sure that your tongue will notice the missing tooth, but again, after a couple of weeks the tongue will get used to the new situation.

Back