• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally

H

hecks95

This is the first time I post here. Long story short for me, I'm an educated person with a good job, but I somehow fell through the cracks and developed dental phobia. My teeth broke and developed tooth decay. I would be embarrassed to speak in public. I had gone to a couple of dentists and they both told me that I needed extractions. Today, I developed the courage and had oral sedation. I had 10 extractions of root tips and 3 root canals. I was conscious but asleep. I didn't feel a thing. I was a bit disoriented after the procedures but surprised that I wasn't in more pain. I'm glad that I got them taken out. I got a lot off of my chest and now I will be looking at finding options for bridges to fill in the gaps. I'm the biggest coward around when it comes to dental work, but believe me, people, just do it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hecks95

Great and courageous job just doing this and going for it! HOpe your healing goes well and fast! Hope you find some good bridge options soon. Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Back