- Jul 4, 2020
I finished my root canal today. Had a permanent filling put in. During the treatment (towards the end) I smelt cloves and the dentist appeared to be putting something in my tooth that definitely contained clove. I couldn't really taste it immediately after the treatment and didn't ask her about it. I was too worried about my jaw at the time which felt like it was locking up. Now I am back home and the taste is stronger. Having put up with a terrible taste in between root canal treatments which was either down to the temporary filling or the medicated dressing, I now face the prospect of another nasty taste. Is this normal? Will it go away? Does the substance that fills the canals normally taste of this? This whole RCT procedure has been pretty distressing for me, mainly down to the awful tastes I keep getting. I feel like whatever is put in my tooth leaks out into my saliva and I am swallowing it because it burns my throat and gives me acid reflux.