• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First Appointment In 10 Years Tomorrow

T

tammay

Hi Everyone,
I posted here yesterday about my chipped tooth and the toothache that started on the tooth next to it on Christmas day and how the dentist I had scheduled originally could only take me on the 20th. So I called around this morning and found a dental office that could take me tomorrow morning. The dental office got very good reviews although the dentist I'll be seeing got one bad review (but it was 3 years ago and I'm willing to see him to see what he has to say).

It's the first time I've seen a dentist in 10 years (and the last time was only for a small filling) so I am super nervous. The fact that I have to take a taxi there (no car and no one here who can drive me) is no help, especially since I live in Texas and we had a blizzard here this weekend and no cab company is answering because the roads have been declared in hazardous condition. The sun is shining and the sky is blue so I'm hoping that the hazardous conditions will be lifted later today and I can call and order a cab for tomorrow morning. If not, I'll have no choice but to reschedule the appointment (the woman did say that there may be some spaces open on Wednesday later in the day).

One thing that is really weird is that this morning, my tooth ached when I brushed my teeth and did my salt water/ACV rinse (not excruciating, more of a throb) but then it started not to hurt at all, not even when I bit down on it. I took 2 Advil about an hour ago and now it's not hurting at all, not even when I bite down. I'm wondering if the blizzard we had and the sinus trouble I've been having since earlier this week were the reason for the toothache and it's not going to be as bad as I thought. I'm still going to get the teeth looked at this week if I can, as I know I need to take care of all that.

I am so nervous!!!

Tam

Phew! I finally talked to a cab company and they told me that a lot of roads were closed and they don't know when they will be open. So I called the dental office and rescheduled for Thursday. I'm actually glad I did this, since I'm pretty sure that the roads will be better by Thursday (God willing the sun stays up and the temperature doesn't totally drop, which is not what the weather is showing) and also I will be seeing a different dentist, one that got great reviews online.

The odd thing is that my toothache seems to be totally gone now. I pray it will stay that way at least until Thursday.

Tam

Hi Tam,

Crosisng my fingers for you for good weather tomorrow - I've heard about all the crazy weather out your way, yikes! I've started tackling my dental issues recently after a 20+ Year absence and can honestly say that a good, compassionate dentist makes all the difference in tackling your fears. Sounds like you've found yourself a good one, so hoping your appointment goes well tomorrow! Let us know how it goes! :)

How are your sinuses? Did they clear up along with the toothache going away? Things like colds or sinus infections can make teeth hurt, too. It's still wise to get things looked at, though.

I hope Mother Nature has been kinder to you. I'm in the Dallas area - we only had rain here over the weekend, nice days this week. I hope the snow doesn't come any closer to us.

Back