• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First appointment in 26 years on Monday - SO MUCH WORK needs done

I'm on the bus to my first major appointment. It's the smallest of them all, two fillings and an extraction. I'll be under nitrous, so I'm pleased about that. My stomach is in knots, and I'm trembling, but I know I can do this! Using my breathing exercises to get me through this alone time. I'll see you all on the other side!

Good luck! You can do it ????????
Let us know how it goes ??

I'm all sorts of frozen ( including my nose which is so so weird). Currently waiting for my second bus home. The extraction and fillings were totally painless. I cried, they were really responsive when I needed aromatherapy or more nitrous. I found my dental family for sure. Now, home for some Tylenol, ibuprofen and an afternoon of work! ?

I'm all sorts of frozen ( including my nose which is so so weird). Currently waiting for my second bus home. The extraction and fillings were totally painless. I cried, they were really responsive when I needed aromatherapy or more nitrous. I found my dental family for sure. Now, home for some Tylenol, ibuprofen and an afternoon of work! ?
Well done! I’m so pleased for you

I'm really pleased as well. My heart is still thudding, but the panic is ending pretty quickly. The more the freezing wears off, the more calm I feel. I'm SO exhausted from working through the trauma, but it's so worth it. One step at a time.

Very very well done?? actually does feel great when you exit after ,, brilliant news ...I went to my first appointment in 30 years on Wednesday for exam and x-rays & I was so wrecked with anxiety ?? ....need alot of work in the new year ..bridges & crowns on my top row and a couple of extractions... Have to go back tomorrow for some moulds to be taken and look at my x-rays...and tbh I mite just say to take my wisdom tooth out asap ...giving me abit of trouble and don't want to be in pain over Xmas especially .......but very well done and your not alone with this anxiety we can help each other through this ...

That's so awesome that you went! I felt on top of the world after I finally made it in for exam and xrays. When they told me how much treatment I needed ( about 28k worth) I freaked out, but I have some insurance so I'm not letting that number stop me. I need a lot of work this year and next, but I'm here for support! I want us all to get better, together! :)

So, I emailed them last night as I was worried about how runny my nose STILL is and my sneezing. It turns out, being allergic to the local freezing is VERY normal, and I should be ok in a few days. Antihistamines are helping a bit. Oi, am I glad I asked, I was scared I had a perforated sinus. All new things for me to learn!

So, I emailed them last night as I was worried about how runny my nose STILL is and my sneezing. It turns out, being allergic to the local freezing is VERY normal, and I should be ok in a few days. Antihistamines are helping a bit. Oi, am I glad I asked, I was scared I had a perforated sinus. All new things for me to learn!
Iam wondering about my top left wisdom tooth which is giving me pain ..need it out but I don't won't to be put to sleep have abit of a fear about this ... Wonder if they can just numb me & take it out ?....my anxiety is starting ?again

I'm not sure with wisdom teeth, I had mine out when I was around 12, but I had all 4 so they put me out. Maybe calling to ask them if being awake is an option might put the anxiety to rest a little?

I'm not sure with wisdom teeth, I had mine out when I was around 12, but I had all 4 so they put me out. Maybe calling to ask them if being awake is an option might put the anxiety to rest a little?
I'll ask tomorrow when iam there.... Need it out tbh asap , don't want to be having a miserable Xmas at the families without being able to eat or drink ?in pain ..he said on Wednesday it needed to be extracted but didn't say when because he has to take a look at my x-rays... The anxiety has started again ???

I'm off to cleaning #2. I'm hoping they tell me I don't need the appointment for cleaning next Friday, but we'll see after today. I forgot how tired and cranky I get when I'm healing. No matter, I'm not letting anything stop me.

I'm off to cleaning #2. I'm hoping they tell me I don't need the appointment for cleaning next Friday, but we'll see after today. I forgot how tired and cranky I get when I'm healing. No matter, I'm not letting anything stop me.
Good for you ..hope it all goes well .. iam cranky before things ..and really relieved and grateful when it's over and home

Cleaning 2 done. Definitely very frozen, very tired, and needing rest after all of this happening so quickly. 3 more appointments this month. The next one is the big one. 5 extractions and a root canal. I'm not going to think about it. I'm going to spend a lot of time playing video games, napping, and making sure self care is number one. Back to work for the day!

I'm feeling a lot better now that I'm home. The freezing is coming out, I've taken ibuprofen and tylenol, and I've got a lovely perio rinse to use on my gums to heal them back up. I need a lot of rest. I'll check in again before the big appointment Tuesday!

I'm feeling a lot better now that I'm home. The freezing is coming out, I've taken ibuprofen and tylenol, and I've got a lovely perio rinse to use on my gums to heal them back up. I need a lot of rest. I'll check in again before the big appointment Tuesday!

Hoping you get a good rest over the weekend before Tuesday. Glad it went ok today ??

Hope all goes well ....catch up during week see how things go ?????????

Well, big appointment tomorrow. I'm not used to healing pain in my mouth anymore, so this has been really tiring and mentally taxing. I've decided to get a Dentalcard loan, I don't want to wait to get the rest done, I want it done as soon as safely possible. I'm talking to them tomorrow about it, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping we can make it so I'm done before my birthday in July. ? I'm trying not to panic about tomorrow. Whew. I'm glad I'm working today. I'll check in tomorrow before I go to the appointment :) 5 extractions of root tips tomorrow and a root canal. Here's to hoping it's as easy as the first one was!

Well, big appointment tomorrow. I'm not used to healing pain in my mouth anymore, so this has been really tiring and mentally taxing. I've decided to get a Dentalcard loan, I don't want to wait to get the rest done, I want it done as soon as safely possible. I'm talking to them tomorrow about it, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping we can make it so I'm done before my birthday in July. ? I'm trying not to panic about tomorrow. Whew. I'm glad I'm working today. I'll check in tomorrow before I go to the appointment :) 5 extractions of root tips tomorrow and a root canal. Here's to hoping it's as easy as the first one was!
Keep us updated ,, and good luck for tomorrow hope all goes smoothly and no pain MissM250
.... Iam the same at the minute nerves , thoughts, no sleep,not eating etc.... For my top left wisdom tooth extraction on Wednesday at 1:30 ?

I will totally keep you updated! I'm making a video journal on TikTok as well, as I want to remember how much strength I can actually muster if I need to! Hoping today goes quick, I just want to get this appointment over with!

I am applying for the financing RIGHT NOW. Holding to hear back. I need this to go through, I simply can't afford all this without it. PLEASE work!

Back