• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First appointment in 26 years on Monday - SO MUCH WORK needs done

Not the greatest day. Ended up with an abscess on one of my extraction sites. Woke me up on crazy pain and fever at 3am. Once hubby was off to work, it took me three hours to work up the courage to call the dentist's emergency number. I felt like he would tell me I wasn't taking care of myself properly, or be cross with me or dismissive. Instead, he immediately called in a script for antibiotics, told me to send a pic of the site, and recommended better pain meds. The cherry on top? One of the texts he sent during the convo " Everything is going to be ok ". He knew how much acute pain I was in, and helped to calm my panic. I can't believe I was trying to rationalize not calling, and just suffering through it like I used to. I cried a lot, emotional release it seems from the relief of being able to ask for help, and not feel shameful or like a bad person for having this happen. This is a life changing few months for sure. I'm about to go and rest this weary soul. Talk soon!

Not the greatest day. Ended up with an abscess on one of my extraction sites. Woke me up on crazy pain and fever at 3am. Once hubby was off to work, it took me three hours to work up the courage to call the dentist's emergency number. I felt like he would tell me I wasn't taking care of myself properly, or be cross with me or dismissive. Instead, he immediately called in a script for antibiotics, told me to send a pic of the site, and recommended better pain meds. The cherry on top? One of the texts he sent during the convo " Everything is going to be ok ". He knew how much acute pain I was in, and helped to calm my panic. I can't believe I was trying to rationalize not calling, and just suffering through it like I used to. I cried a lot, emotional release it seems from the relief of being able to ask for help, and not feel shameful or like a bad person for having this happen. This is a life changing few months for sure. I'm about to go and rest this weary soul. Talk soon!
Rest up .. hopefully you are feeling better soon

Today is hard. I'm feeling super sick from the meds, but I'm still kicking. I am trying to be as open as I can, and admittedly, this is the worst I've felt since I started all this. I'm going to spend the day in bed, hopefully i can rest it off.

Well, this might be an ER trip, I can't keep anything down. Fever is going up, and the pain is intense. Hubby just left to get me Gatorade and gravol. If those don't work, I'm told to go in for fluids and stronger antibiotics. Oh boyyyy. If you don't hear from me tonight, I'll try to update in the morning.

Hoping you are okay MissM250. Thinking of you.

5 am. Didn't go to ER. Going to dentist at 10am so he can see what's happening. I just want to feel better. ?

Please keep us updated. Fingers crossed for you, your dentist sounds very good x

Good luck, your dentist sounds very good

I'm waiting on a taxi to go see him right now. Still can't keep anything down but water. Fingers crossed he can help.

They packed the site with meds, and did my final 2 top root canals. On my way home to sleep. Will update more once I've rested.

Well, that was a long time with no update! I went back 2 days later, he checked and re-packed the sites. I have since healed up MUCH better. I'm out of pain, and looking forward to planning next steps. Next cleaning is the 29th of January, and hopefully by then we have a plan for the bottom teeth. I am rested, and ready for the next crazy run of treatment.

Hi MissM250

Just reading your story and you have definately been through a lot the last few months! I'm glad to see you are out of pain and looking forward to next steps!!

Well, that was a long time with no update! I went back 2 days later, he checked and re-packed the sites. I have since healed up MUCH better. I'm out of pain, and looking forward to planning next steps. Next cleaning is the 29th of January, and hopefully by then we have a plan for the bottom teeth. I am rested, and ready for the next crazy run of treatment.
Good to hear miss hope everything gets better soon ....iam going back on the 12th for some more work ?

At this point I'm looking forward to the next appointment, I am so ready for this all to be done, and every time I go is one less time till we're done. I hope your next one goes ok! ?

Well I had my next big appointment, lower left jaw had two extractions one root canal and four fillings. My financing got approved so that's great. my next appointment will be three extractions on my right side two fillings and a root canal. Once that is done all that's left is crowns and appliances. I'll let you know when my next appointment is as soon as they let me know.

Well I had my next big appointment, lower left jaw had two extractions one root canal and four fillings. My financing got approved so that's great. my next appointment will be three extractions on my right side two fillings and a root canal. Once that is done all that's left is crowns and appliances. I'll let you know when my next appointment is as soon as they let me know.
Well done you ???.. iam back on Monday bday for 2 fillings ??

Update- healing, no dry socket this time. The low level of pain has been very manageable. I'm really tired from all the healing (I have a chronic illness so I heal slow) but other than than, happy to report things are going along swimmingly. I'll be booking the next appointment as soon as I'm healed up, and I'll check in after that one and let you know what progress we made.

Update- healing, no dry socket this time. The low level of pain has been very manageable. I'm really tired from all the healing (I have a chronic illness so I heal slow) but other than than, happy to report things are going along swimmingly. I'll be booking the next appointment as soon as I'm healed up, and I'll check in after that one and let you know what progress we made.
Great to hear Missy ?.. brilliant ??

You have my absolute admiration!! You should be super proud of yourself.

Your bottom teeth look amazing, is there a before pic I have missed? Can't wait to see the finished job. So pleased for you xx

I have a journal that has my before, but I'll post it here as well. The second is where we're at now. Both of those front teeth will be getting crowns. The gaps will be filled by a bridge and a partial. We're getting there! Thanks so much for being so supportive!

Attachments

• 20201124_163122.jpg
    20201124_163122.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 16135880051202859904528000561247.jpg
    16135880051202859904528000561247.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 28
Back