• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First dental appointment in 8 years .. can't cope with the thought!

Thanks guys! I slept well last night! So relieved its over and I don't have to worry about anything dentist until next Friday! I have exhausted myself with anxiety over the past couple of days. On reflection today I am so glad a separated the extractions and now I know what to expect the next time around it should be a whole lot less stressful!

I am starting to wonder about that will come next after these extractions are done, the dentist hasn't mentioned anything restoratory yet but I am sure the gaps will have to be filled? The thought of being able to eat what I want and not what I can manage to chew at some point in the future is so nice :)

I have decided to focus on the end product now firmly to get through this war on my mouth!

I am pleased for you and glad it's over for now. Rest and recover now and pamper yourself too.

Glad you are feeling better.

Hey guys I have been unwell for the past couple of days again :s

However tonight I am having more mouth trouble and feeling distraught with worry. I am so glad I have this forum to turn to .. I called the nhs emergancy line but they had a 4 hour wait for call back (!!!). I noticed tonight that towards the back of my mouth, between my wisdom tooth and a root that is soon to be extracted there seems to be something stuch in my mouth.

When I looked in the mirror the 'thing' is very thin and about 2cm long. I had chicken for dinner tonight and so it could be this, but my worry is it is somehow a bone? It feels like a bone and when i play around with it to try edge it out i can feel the tug in my gum.

Has anyone every had this? Am I being paranoid and should I just pull it out and assume its food caught or is there a chance it could be bone? ahhh!

hi beech23 I am sorry I missed you last night. It could be a bit of bone, see if you can get in to see your dentist, if it is a bit of bone she will be able to remove it quite easily. I hope you can manage at work with this on your mind, try not to stress too much. I hope you can get on here tonight to let us know how you are.

Get well soon. I know this is the last think you need at the moment. :XXLhug:

Back