First dental appointment in...I don’t know how many years... :(

J

Jinney

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in this group...thanks to this forum, I was finally able to make an appointment with a dentist.

Yesterday I had called and made an appointment for 5/11...but my tooth started hurting and my face is a little swollen...so I called today and thankfully they had an opening for me.

To share my story...I don’t know when my dental phobia started. When I was a kid, I had no problem going to the dentist. I think it might have been my highschool years when one of my friends shared her horror story about her trip to the dentist. I have some molars that lost filling and broke down to gumline. I also have two molars that crumbled couple years ago when I was on this medication for another condition I have.

I’ve had three kids...and I tell my friends I rather go through labor than see a dentist. But I realized it was not fear of pain...but fear of embarrassment.

Reading post and success stories from this forum gave me courage to face my fears(pain and my swollen face contributed a little too🤪)

Thank you and God bless you.

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jinney, wishing you all the best for your appointment🤞! Let us know how you got on. Hopefully you’ll be out of pain real soon ☺

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks so much for the update (in the Success Stories section) :love: - the dentist and the staff sound lovely. Well done and congratulations, and best of luck for Friday 🎉🍀!