• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First dental cleaning in 10 years

A

Amandapanda7

Can someone tell me what to expect for my first dental cleaning in 10 years. I have a lot of tartar buildup on the back front of my teeth and I’m nervous about what to expect from the outcome after its removed. Feeling very anxious and I’m so uncomfortable and embarrassed of my teeth. Thank you

It doesn't hurt, don't worry. You'll feel a lot better afterwards and your teeth will feel nice and clean. Also it doesn't take long at all

I was ten years as well. They did it in 3 visits, but the hygienist was the most wonderful lady. Just make sure to tell them if something hurts or if you need a little break. Then go home and have a little sleep after, while you look forward to having big smiles again!

I’m so uncomfortable and embarrassed of my teeth.
Please don't be embarrassed. We've covered this so many times on here. Dentists just don't care about what state people's teeth are in when they come in, we're far more concerned with trying to figure out how to fix them.

Back