• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First dentist trip in 4 years tomorrow! TERRIFIED! help

S

Stephni

So I have not been to the dentist in over 4 years!
I'm so terrified of it and I don't know why..
I'm also scared of needles and passed out at my last blood test.

2 years ago I noticed my gum was receeding after wearing braces and it still has not grown back and the gum is flappy and loose and i'm terrified of loosing my tooth!!!!... So this morning I had a very weird moment , decided to book an appointment and sign myself up with the local dentist and my appointment is tomorrow at 12:15 !
I dont know if I have the guts to actually go tomorrow :(
I hate any slight pain... needles and just dentists in general..
I'm also very very worried about the cost !

PLEEASEEEE HELP :[

Good luck. Find a dentist who you like as a person and the rest then gets easier to deal with. Did you like your orthodontist? Or did braces contribute to your reluctance?

My orthodontist was an aweful old man who wanted to get the procedures over with as quickly as possible!
:(

My orthodontist was an aweful old man who wanted to get the procedures over with as quickly as possible!
:(

Well that is probably why you are afraid now. How did you choose your dentist?

I havn't choosen my dentist.. I rung up today and said about my phobia and they told me that they will give me a dentist who is good with this.
So fingers crossed i guess :/

Fingers crossed with you... if you don't feel comfortable with him or feel relaxed with him.... FIND ANOTHER!
I lucked out and found one on only a second try... and I haven't been to a dentist in over 20 years so I can relate to your fear and anxiety.

My dentist hasn't even LOOKED in my mouth yet and I've had 4 visits (talks) with him but I feel comfortable enough to let him do whatever he needs to to get me right again.

Best of luck and don't just settle... keep us posted too!

Back