• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First time posting for myself! Nervous about tooth 1

A

AsaGohan

Hi! This is my first time posting, but I've commented on a lot of posts.

Yesterday I was at the movies and I was eating popcorn (I was trying to eat as carefully as possible). After the movie I ran my tongue over tooth 1 or 2 (not the wisdom tooth) it felt, different. my boyfriend looked into my mouth but he didn't see anything. It's making me nervous but I figure I'll tell the dentist to look at all my teeth at the next appointment this Wednesday. It's tough because I don't know what I'm looking for. Also, I'm feeling something by my wisdom tooth on my upper left side. I have no idea what's going on (because I still have my wisdom teeth). It's making me super nervous. I really hope that I'm just imaging things with my teeth.

However, I'm looking forward to this appointment because it's going to be my last for awhile- my mouth will have all the major things fixed up! I'm getting the crown put in the implant. I'm looking forward to having all my teeth again.

Go to the dentists , I go tommrow and im very scared quite embrassed

It could be that you have a bit stuck from the popcorn between your teeth that is making them feel different. Try flossing and if it is that it may bring it out.

AsaGohan Good luck for tomorrow.

Hah, I was just about to say exactly that but Carole beat me to it! Popcorn is notorious for getting wee bits stuck, chances are that's all it is - or there's nothing at all and you're just anxious about your upcoming appointment and focusing on your teeth. Don't worry, that's normal! I think we all do it a bit, and I'm sure your dentist will be happy to take a look while you're there.

Well done for getting so far! :) Hope this final stage goes well for you, I'm sure it will.

Great minds think alike Tink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to both of you! and good luck at your appointment newbie.

It's a little hard to describe, but because its in a part of my mouth that's hard to see. The feeling isn't in between my teeth, but rather on the side...but it's the side facing my tongue, so theoretically I should be able to wiggle it out. I'm going to try to floss it out tonight. Big thank you for the advice from Tink and Carole.

I'm sure whatever it is, your dentist can deal with for you, if flossing doesn't help :) remember every tiny change in one's mouth feels huge when you poke it with your tongue; I chipped a filling and it feels like a huge crack but on the X-ray I could see it was just a tiny little chip taken out (getting it fixed soon). And the extraction site in my mouth feels cavernous!! I mean, I know it's a whole tooth gone but in my head it feels like three or four are missing..! Or, as the others said, you're a bit over reactive at the moment. I've done that myself! Good luck :)

The appointment to get the implant in was great. the Implant looks really nice (my mouth isn't used to the feeling of the tooth yet!). I'm just going to wait until my checkup in 6 months. I'm probably overthinking tooth 1/2.

I'm so relived that I am done for now.

Glad to hear it!

Hope you're doing something nice for yourself now, that was a big step :)

Back