• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

first visit since I can remember

Good on you ?. Sounds like he probably meant well but has zero appreciation of the fact that there is a person behind the teeth. Hopefully, you won't be put off too much by his talk of dire consequences and instead continue to focus on the positive aspects of making healthy changes!

As you said, all the other techs and dentists you've seen have been wonderful, so it would be a shame to let the actions of one guy hamper your progress. Might sound clichéd, but just keep focusing on all the positives you've experienced so far ?. You've come such a long way in such a short time!

Best of luck for your appointment today!

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I definitely won't let his behavior taint the good experiences I've had this far, and in retrospect I might've reacted a little extremely to his comments. But the comments really did kinda ruin my day, especially since I hadn't had such comments and judgement from the same clinic before... I'm not holding any grudges though, just wish he would understand that i'm more likely not to use his services anymore than I am to stop using tobacco if he approaches the issue like that ??

It's all good now, ill update after my appt.! (in 1h..)

I definitely won't let his behavior taint the good experiences I've had this far

Good to hear that!

How did it go on Wednesday? I take it from your replies in other threads that it went well ?

Good to hear that!

How did it go on Wednesday? I take it from your replies in other threads that it went well ?

Yeah, by far the most uncomfortable of all the appointments, due to the whole right lower jaw being paralyzed for 5 h after the filling. (the cavity was very close to the nerve so it did also hurt juuuust a bit)- but the uncomfortable position and the length (40 min) of all the procedures made it the worst :)

But now I only have 2 hygienist appts. and then every 6 months checkups!!!

Woohoo, nearly at the finishing line :perfect:!!

Sorry to hear that it was uncomfortable, but it sounds like the worst is behind you now. How are you feeling now?

Woohoo, nearly at the finishing line :perfect:!!

Sorry to hear that it was uncomfortable, but it sounds like the worst is behind you now. How are you feeling now?

I'm feeling good thanks. A little annoying not being able to eat crunchy/spicy/hot food ?.

The only thing is that these were all necessary and important fixes, but I haven't had any cleaning or aesthetic work done yet, but when my teeth are properly clean I bet I'll feel phenomenal!!

I bet ?! I take it you're waiting for a little while for the extraction sites to heal before seeing the hygienist?

Actually I had an appt before my extractions butT the hygienist was ill on the day of :/. I have my first deep cleaning next week's Thursday :)

Sorry to hear about the surgeon lecturing you and being condescending. I'm glad you won't go back, you don't need to deal with that.

Back