• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First Visit

Good luck! Thinking of you and sending good vibes! My appointment is on Tuesday! Please let us know how it goes!

You’ll do great. Be sure to post your success story here.

Good luck! Thinking of you and sending good vibes! My appointment is on Tuesday! Please let us know how it goes!
Thank you, I appreciate it and I’ll be sure to update you on how it goes!!

Anybody have any idea how long it may take? It’s a composite filing

Anybody have any idea how long it may take? It’s a composite filing

In my experience, anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes in total. Depends on the size/location of it.

On the way there now , looking forward to it being over and hopefully I can surprise myself . Will
Let you all know how it foes fingers crossed. Thank you for all your help and support

All done!! She numbed me up right away with no gel but it was no where near as bad as I expected, in my opinion my ear piercing was worse! My tongue began to feel numb but not my lip so she decided to give me a second injection which also really wasn’t that bad ! Then came the drilling I didn’t feel any pain just a strange smell and vibration feeling especially with the other drill, but it was over before I knew it and the filling was placed in layers. She said it was deeper than expected and that I can expect some sensitivity in the tooth which may last for around 3 months but fingers crossed it isn’t too bad, I was in there for half an hour but I didn’t feel like rhat at all. To anyone worrying it really is okay I worried myself sick for something that was absolutely fine and now I just feel numb and look like I’ve had Botox !!

I couldn’t have done it without you all thank you!

Glad to hear it went so well! I hope that mine goes just as smoothly! ?

Glad to hear it went so well! I hope that mine goes just as smoothly! ?
Thank you I’m sure it will, you got this! as scary as it seems it’ll all be okay

Hartington99.

Glad to hear it went well!! :cheer2: :welldone: Hope you will not have too much sensitivity with it and all is good!!

Hartington99.

Glad to hear it went well!! :cheer2: :welldone: Hope you will not have too much sensitivity with it and all is good!!
Thank you!! It’s been fine so far just pain in my jaw/gum area guessing this could be from the injection as it’s only tender to touch

Back