• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Flesh coming out of my tooth?

Tinella9610

Tinella9610

So, one of the biggest reasons why i am so ashamed and embarassed of visiting the dentist or addressing this problem at all is this stupid big piece of flesh that has popped out of one of my decayed molars and has just been sitting like that for something like 6 years. Never caused me any pain, only mild annoyance because as you can understand i can't chew correctly with that going on. It bleeds sometimes but only when i apply pressure.. i am scared because the tooth has also turned grey-ish and while i know something needs to be done fast i am also really scared of bringing this up and freak everybody and the dentist out. I looked it up and i think it's something called 'pulp polyp' i am not sure though. Could i get some advice?

Hey, I've got something similar on my bottom first molar. I went to the dentist Friday and was told there's no need to rush into anything as it isn't causing any pain, however mine isn't bleeding so yours might get sorted a little faster. They definitely won't do anything during the check up though and I'm sure they've seen it before

Hey Thinella9610, I guess the only sensible advice here is to see a dentist. If you have any concerns, it may be a good idea to send them an email beforehand and share about why you are so hesitant. Btw. don't think you'll freak out your dentist by bringing in a dental problem - that's what they specialize in :)

Back