• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Flipper causing sore on tougue

B

Bonheinrich

I recently had four bottom teeth pulled because of a condition called resorption . I’ve had to go back to my dentist at least eight times for him to adjust the flipper because it caused a lot of pain. finally I got so that I could wear it for a few hours but now I notice I have a snagging painful sore spot on the side of my tougue. Is this a common problem for a flipper that has not been able to fit correctly? And now ...even when I have the flipper out ..it hurts to chew or swallow on that side of my mouth. Do you think it is being caused by the flipper not fitting correctly?

hi Bonheinrich,

:welcome: I'm sorry it seems this flipper has been a bit of trouble for you :(. With so many adjustments have you asked him to possibly redo it? I know I've had a dentist redo after issues and pain with partials before. Ive had bottom 5 front teeth partial for 20 years. I encourage you to ask about this possibility it seems to just not get better and would love it if you could get some relief!

hi Bonheinrich,

:welcome: I'm sorry it seems this flipper has been a bit of trouble for you :(. With so many adjustments have you asked him to possibly redo it? I know I've had a dentist redo after issues and pain with partials before. Ive had bottom 5 front teeth partial for 20 years. I encourage you to ask about this possibility it seems to just not get better and would love it if you could get some relief!
Thanks for responding. Yes I had him do a new one and he trimmed this one too. I am wondering if I should get implants??

Be better getting him to fix this one first, it shouldn't be impossible to get it comfortable for you.

Back