• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Flipper Teeth

A

Auntie

About 2 weeks ago I was eating a pork chop and bit into it and bit the bone which was very painful. Immediately I felt my top teeth feeling loose. I did not go to the dentist immediately because I thought it would get better and I am a little fearful. Then I decided to go and was told it was bad news and I would probably loose my 3 front teeth eventually. I had an appointment for 5 days ahead but unfortunately they fell out of my mouth. My dentist did a lot of work and now I have a flipper which takes getting used to. I've had it for a week and going back to the dentist tomorrow so he can show me how to take it out ….. clean it and put it back in. Not fond of all this work but I have an awesome dentist and teeth in my mouth.

Hi Auntie,

sorry to read what happened... glad to read that you have an awesome dentist and have the flipper now, I can imagine it needs to get used to. How did your visit go?

All the best wishes

Back