• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Flixton, Manchester

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Dr Kailesh Solanki
www.kissdental.co.uk
157 Woodsend Road
Flixton
Manchester
M41 8GN
Tel: (0161) 748 5250
Fax: (0161) 748 0740

"I have been terrified of the dentist since I was a child, I had a few painful experiences and hadn't visited one for 10 years! My hometown is in Manchester but I am university in Oxford. One of my teeth was broken whilst in Manchester in an accident and I was in a lot of pain. I looked around the internet and found Kissdental in Flixton, Manchester. I rang them up and told them what had happened and that I was scared. The lady was really nice she told me that they would look after me and make sure I wouldn't experience any pain, so I booked in to see the dentist the same day. I was shaking when I arrived but the moment I walked in the door they really made a fuss over me they sat me down in a nice room with a TV. The dentist then came in and had a chat with me and explained everything to me, after about 5 minutes I was totally calm it was like talking to a friend and not a dentist! He gave me some sedation which made me feel a little drowsy and I don't remember feeling any pain at all during my treatment. He fitted me with a new technology CEREC crown and explained to me usually I would need to appointments for a crown but they had the technology to do it in one. He was a really friendly guy and even gave me his personal mobile number and told me to call him anytime if I had any troubles out of hours. I cannot say enough good things about him, he really made me overcome my fear of dentistry. I even got a nice personal card in the post a couple of days later asking if I was ok, it was such a nice touch and almost made me cry. I have since been back for hygiene cleaning of my teeth and have booked in for some more treatment in the next few months. Its ironic that I am now looking forward to my next trip to the dentist......thanks a million Kay you have changed my life!"

I saw this dentist a week ago after having 2 weeks of absolute hell and agony I'm not that nervous of the dentist but couldn't find a dentist that could offer me sedation as my tooth needed to come out but the nerve would not numb due to infection after two emergency dentists trying and failing to numb the tooth. I saw Kailesh on the day after I rang up kissdental in Flixton and he got the tooth out later that day under sedation I can't thank him enough for the speed and wonderful treatment I received.
thanks very much...

This place appears to do a free first check-up. That seems very generous.
What's the catch!?
Do you end up paying for that check-up if you need any treatment?

This place appears to do a free first check-up. That seems very generous.
What's the catch!?
Do you end up paying for that check-up if you need any treatment?

Probably :ROFLMAO: That's their business model to make it easier for people to walk through the door initially..can be good for phobics since they don't want to pay for multiple checkups until they find someone they think they like.
The other catch may also be that you pay separately for x-rays.

Last edited:
Probably :ROFLMAO: That's their business model to make it easier for people to walk through the door initially..can be good for phobics since they don't want to pay for multiple checkups until they find someone they think they like.
The other catch may also be that you pay separately for x-rays.

I gave them a try, as it was free, and because I'd like to find an NHS AND private dentist I'd like to stay with long term.

I thought they were really good. REALLY good.
I offered to pay for an x-ray, but they said probably no point as nothing was showing on the others. So they aren't money grabbing.

It isn't a full check-up, but you have plenty of time to tell them about any problem areas.
Really nice place too. Friendly relaxed feel, though I don't mind going to dentists.
I really liked the dentist. He was friendly and easy to talk to.

I think I'll get a scale and polish there, as it's cheaper than my new private dentist.
Might get a full check-up there in 6 months, as that's cheaper than my private dentist too, though I guess I should stay with the one that has my x-rays, so they can monitor any changes......??

No, Poppy I never said that all private dentists are created equally....stay with the one you like..i.e. this new one...sod the x-rays. Really pleased to have got more good feedback on this practice.
Hey Poppy you are turning into a veritable 'Dental Mystery Shopper'!

In my case, the x-rays are important though. It's not the cost, it's the fact they will show whether things have got any worse in 6 months.

I have another tooth to worry about now, that 2 NHS dentists totally missed.
Keeping on going to new dentists every 6 months isn't going to show if things are progressing in the decay department.

I seem to have arrested one ok, but it could still decay on top, and now there's another small area that's been flagged to watch.
If I go back to this new one at Kiss, that I really like, in 6 months, he has no x-rays to compare to how it is now.
It's the progress of decay that's important.

But my gut instinct says I like this guy at Kiss.
Though the other private one is ok. I'm just getting too fussy!!!
;D

Fairly sure you are entitled to copies of your x-rays????

Yeah, but that would offend my current dentist!
This private one with the x-rays is ok, I just preferred the new one!
But didn't want to leave the other one, as they are local.
They would probably kick me out if I asked for x-rays to be sent elsewhere!
I guess it would be useful to have two private dentists! See one, then see the other 6 months later just while I have a couple of problem areas.
Then I have two different opinions to go off!

Ps. I didn't see this Dr Solanki. I think he's now at the north Manchester branch.
I saw Dr Malloch at the Urmston branch, south Manchester.
(He's foxy too....like my other one....:p)
Wouldn't know what he's like with phobics, but seemed nice enough.
I'm very fussy, but I'd be happy to have him as my dentist long term.

This is the dentist I've been looking into when I finally work up the courage to book an appointment (if I do!) but my main worry is still the cost of things.

Does anybody know if they offer payment plans to pay monthly or anything? I know for sure I won't be able to afford anything that I need doing on the spot.