• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fluoride on tooth

T

Throwmeadenture

I recently had a wisdom tooth extracted (root tip, tooth 32) and tooth 30 extracted (erupted). About 4 days after the surgery, I have severe pain if I get liquid in the area. I went to the dentist this morning, and they coated it with fluoride, and said that it would strengthen that tooth. That's where they think the issue is. The sites for both teeth that were extracted look great.

How long do I have before this wears off? It needs a crown, but I was going to add it on to other dental work I need to do in a few months, as I didn't have an issue with this tooth hurting before. If this temp fix will only last a few days, I'm going to be in serious pain!

EEEK!

its likely that the surgery has uncovered part of the root of the tooth in between the extraction sites. The fluoride will help desensitise the exposed root surface and you would expect the problem to settle as the gums heal.
Applying a sensitive toothpaste may help

its likely that the surgery has uncovered part of the root of the tooth in between the extraction sites. The fluoride will help desensitise the exposed root surface and you would expect the problem to settle as the gums heal.
Applying a sensitive toothpaste may help

I will try that as well. Thank you so much!

It's calmed down so far, I've been trying to make sure liquids go down on the other side, just in case. So far so good!

Back