• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Flying With Dental Issues

Aurora10

Aurora10

Hi! Yesterday I flew from Canada to England, a 9 hour flight I was SO worried that I would have problems with pain after I'd heard horror stories from a couple of friends and done too much googling on the subject, always a mistake! I have a few things going on with my teeth at the moment and I was obviously hoping that I wouldn't be in unbearable pain during or after the flight. I had gone prepared with otc meds and prescription ones too-just in case, but I didnt need a SINGLE pill.

I'm sure some people genuinely have experienced problems when flying with teeth that ache, need treatment of some kind, or due to an abcess etc, but I'm just telling you my experience.

I suppose if it really was a common phenomenon, then a lot more people would talk about it, and it would become common knowledge, but they really don't, so on that basis I would advise that you take those 'expert's' reports on the dangers of flying with toothache with a pinch of salt. It probably won't happen, so don't miss out on a fun or important trip because of the fear and 'what-if's' of this thing happening to you, because it's honestly unlikely.

Google is a terrible thing sometimes. Lol glad you had an uneventful plane ride.

Back