• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

For denture wearers

F

freakout

I came across a new product from Polident (I am in the US, so unsure about availability in UK) It is called Polident Fresh Cleanse. It is amazing:jump: I never thought a cleaner would excite me, but this product makes the dentures feel absolutely clean and fresh. It is for in use in between soaking the dentures. I use it in the morning and late in the day, especially after I have removed adhesive. It is absolutely wonderful:jump:

So, you're in the thralls of excitement are you? I've heard of Polident, bgy the makers of Polygrip, which I swear by, but it's not available over here so all I use for cleaning, apart from daily brushing with DentUCreme, which is lovely, is Steradent once a week. There seem to be so many more products stateswise than over here, one of them I keep reading about being Cushion Grip which I would love to have got hold of before I got my perms. Have you any experience of that Freakout? I tell you, if ever you USA people come to the UK and any of us UK'ers go USA we ought to take supplies of all the products we can't get for ourselves at home. That would give a new meaning to exchange trips.

Polygrip and DentUcream are both polident products I believe. The fresh cleanse is new, so perhaps it will become available soon:thumbsup: I used the DentUcream too, but it was messy and had to clean the sink alot. This product comes of in a foam and is not messy. It has a citrus-like speriment scent to it. The dentures feel so clean for hours.

I have seen cushion grip, but haven't tried it. I was sort of turned off when I read the package saying it hold the dentures up to 4 days:o...how would you clean the gunk under them...Yuck:sick:

Hopefully the Fresh cleanse becomes available...or else we US posters may have to send care packages;) Traveling is so costly right now with gas prices:p

Hi SS and Freakout,

Several days ago I was in the local pharmacy lurking in the denture products section. Don't want to be caught there by a friend, oh well I do have the excuse of buying for my elderly father!

I prefer Fixodent control as it dispenses in a thin strip and I have found that using less product provides a better seal. Although my denture fits well and is pretty secure, I still like the adhesive for for extra confidence.

I wish I had a trip planned to the UK; would bring you a suitcase full of products SS.

I did see the new cleanser and will give it a try.

They have a knew fixodent product...Its called FIXODENT COMFORT...and I love it,hardly any oozing...sticks good...and feels so good,real coushiny:)It is supposed to help denture irritation.:thumbsup:

I'm with you Steffi, not in using Fixodent, still like my Polygrip Ultra, but although my dentures are a nice snug fit, still use fixative sort of as insurance. I don't find it any problem, just three little dots either end and middle and I find it peels off so easily when I remove dentures, and believe me, sometimes, its quite a tussle to get them - especially the upper - out, feel as if they're really part of me now, just like my own teeth used to be.

Back